Monday, October 11, 2010

Family

Today is Canada's Thanksgiving day, growing up mom ALWAYS had us celebrate it. As we got older it became harder to get everyone together for the normal Thanksgiving let alone two so unfortunately that tradition died off a bit. Since then Rodney has come home and is working with my dad and in the reserves, Lisa moved back from Vegas with her husband and kids, and we've added Jordan and Jessica to the family. We do Sunday night dinners and I absolutely love it. There really aren't that many of us but it's fun to get together. We finally got to start mom's tradition back up and had Thanksgiving dinner last night. So Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian family.

Now I mentioned my family isn't that big... I guess maybe that's one of the many reasons I fell in love with Garrett and his huge family. Along with Garrett came: an additional set of parents, 4 Brother-in-laws, 4 Sister-in-laws and 10 nieces and nephews.

One of my nephews had his big day on Saturday and was baptized. Ryan is growing up soooo fast. I have a funny/embarrassing story about the first time I met this little guy, but that's for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment