Friday, October 22, 2010

Giants Baseball!!!

Okay so almost everyone knows that Garrett is the store manager for Fanzz. It's a retail store in the mall that sells sports memorabilia and jerseys and stuff like that. Well throughout the year Garrett's work will randomly send us basketball and Football tickets. Also any time his DM came into town he and Garrett would go to whatever sport was going on while he was here.

Well if you didn't know :)... The Giants are in the Playoffs!!! (yes they lost last night but hopefully they can win one of the next two games to make it into the World Series) Garrett has gotten hooked up with tickets to EVERY home playoff game so far. There is another Fanzz in Oakridge that he has been splitting the tickets with, and due to staffing schedules and my work schedule we haven't been able to make it to all of them. (Plus parking went up to $40... toll... food... and gas... it adds up) We went to the 1st game in the Braves playoff series and Garrett and his Dad (who is a Braves fan) went to Game 2 in the series. Then this past Tuesday we went to home game 1 (game 3 in the series vs the Phillie's) And they won both games I've gone to! The feeling at a playoff game is amazing and the feeling of a win in the playoffs is magical. We've accumulate quite a few rally flags as well.  
The opening ceremonies are amazing at baseball games. Barry Bonds and JT Snow threw out two of the 4 ceremonial opening pitches.
This picture cracks me up... not sure what he was even looking at. I love him and I'm so glad we can do stuff like this together. (Even though it took a lot of staff changes for both our jobs for us both to get the day off)
Did I mention the tickets they have sent us are Club level? I really feel spoiled but the Club Level is amazing. The price of the first tickets were $80 each and the ones from the second series were $115 each.  

 Both games have been sold out so it really is amazing that we got tickets in the first place... let alone free. I keep telling myself to remember how much I love Garrett's work right now for the tickets because from the day after Thanksgiving until the First week in January I hardly remember I have a husband because he works so much... Gotta love the retail life... but hey someones gotta pay for the house we bought right? All in all October has been a great month so far, and I'm hoping it gets even better with the Giants in the World series.

Go Giants!!!

(oh and sorry about the pictures I forgot my camera for the Phillie's game so these are from my cell phone)

1 comment: