Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Kitchen

Okay so almost everyone knows I love to bake. So one of the best parts about buying a home is the Kitchen. I haven't however really done much to it until the last month. I wanted a burgundy or maroon kitchen, but I just couldn't find any one color paint I could fall in love with. So after looking at sample after sample of colors that looked good in the store and and bad on my wall I found "back splash"
I started with these...
I must say I love Joann's! Not only are their coupons "One per full price item" (instead of Micheal's "One per person") but they will accept competitors coupons too! I also signed up for their e-mail and mailer and since the coupons have different codes I can use them all.
So I spent a total of $8 to paint my kitchen. And this is what I got.


Here she is stripped and bare

I started off taping off the walls in diagonals. I of course forgot to take pictures of this point.

And if you have never seen my kitchen before, this is what I am working with.

So in this picture you can see the left side is done and the right side is painted but the tape wasn't ready to come off...
I loved when Garrett decided to cook on the stove in the middle of the kitchen.
And here is the right wall done. 
 And here is the left side done. Oh and we bought a fridge!!!
I am so enjoying being a homeowner and having a husband who appreciates it. (I think he was pretty happy about the price too)



No comments:

Post a Comment